Case Study: Powerstop
Putting the brakes on an American icon
CMB develop the ‘Brake the Beast‘ campaign, propelling Powerstop in to the leading position for US aftermarket performance brake kits for the Ford Mustang market.
Powerstop wanted to gain more market share in the Ford Mustang category for performance aftermarket brake kits. Their Z26 brake kit was popular in muscle car sectors but lagged behind in the Mustang category, one of the most popular models throughout North America.
Generate a campaign that would appeal directly to Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. As an enthusiast market, we understood that a digital first approach, coupled with strong social media channel activation would be a key driver in this campaign.
Developing a theme that Mustang owners and enthusiasts could identify with was a necessity. The Brake the Beast identity was developed, and by positioning #BraketheBeast within social channels we quickly built an avid follower base. The use of video content across digital and social, drove high engagement and increased consumer consideration and intent. In addition, we leveraged influencer marketing with Vaughn Gittin Jr. to support the Brake the Beast campaign, driving additional awareness and engagement.
“The ‘Brake the Beast’ Campaign has put Powerstop front and center in the North American Ford Mustang market and we’ve seen the improvement in our sales figures as a result.”
Rodion Galperin | Creative Director, Power Stop
What we did…
- Digital marketing: website, landing pages, PPC, SEO, Retargeting, GDN
- Social media activation and campaigns
- Influencer marketing
- Event Support
- Video, film and animation
- Advertising: Creative development, online, display
- Content marketing
What we achieved…
Over the initial campaign phase, over a period of only 4 months, we were able to drive significant growth in Power Stop’s market share in the North American Ford Mustang market.
- Sales of Z26 Brake Kits significantly increased in Ford Mustang category
- Brand awareness and brand recall significantly increased
- Increased website traffic to campaign landing page
- High click-through rate of over 15% from landing page to dealer pages (against industry average of just 2.45%)
- Regular high engagement levels on social media posts, driving click-throughs to landing pages and online stores
- Over 3500 new followers on social channels for retargeting activities
- Average click-through over 8% from email campaigns (against industry average of just 2.5%)
- Successful customer engagement at live event
- Managed media contacts, sponsor liaison and suppliers to deliver all marketing elements seamlessly and on time and within budget
- Range of high quality promotional assets, including video commercials, brand video, advertising and collateral